Complete custom fishing rods for all your needs
Gary’s Rod Building Classes
All rods are constructed using only the highest quality components:
- High-end graphite blanks — extremely light-weight and sensitive.
I personally designed these blanks. They are manufactured exclusively for my company.
- Titanium oxide cushionless guides — can be used with any fusion line and will not wear.
- Handle and fore grip constructed using only the highest quality cork.
- Reel seats are cushioned graphite with self-aligning hoods.
In each class you will find the spine on the rod blank, fit the handle, reel seat and fore grip to the rod blank and glue them on. You will then properly space the guides on the rod blank and hand wrap each with thread.
After the class, rods will be taken to my shop in Anoka for gluing. (Note: Class participants are welcome to visit the shop and glue their own rods.) When finished, you can pick up your rod at the school or business where you took your class. Your new custom rod will be customized with the your name, the length of the rod, and the action rating — at no additional cost!
Classes are available at my shop. Examples of classes are:
- 7′ 6″ Musky Rod Kit
- 8′ 6″ Kit
- Spinning Rod or Casting Rod Kit
- Ice Fishing Rod Kit