Serving anglers for over thirty years
Custom Fishing Rods
Gary’s Custom Rod is constantly researching the industry for the newest innovative components available for custom-built fishing rods. Only the finest components available on the market are used to produce these sensitive, high quality fishing rods. Combined with our craftsmanship, you get a custom fishing rod that will enhance your angling experience for years! Our Competitor Series Rods have evolved from years of research and experimentation. Our rods are truly customized — hand-built to your personal specifications.
- The rod blanks we use are among the finest available! They are top-of-the-line, high modulus graphite rods that are extremely sensitive, powerful, and are among the lightest in the industry.
- Handles and foregrips can be made of cork or wood. Laser engraving on wooden handles is available.
- The reel seats are graphite with self aligning cushioned hoods.
- Cushionless titanium oxide guides are used. These guides will handle any of the fusion lines and are light weight.
- All fishing rods come with a hook keeper and can be wrapped in any thread color you desire.
- All custom rods are embellished with the Customer’s name, the length of the rod, and the action rating:
Custom Built for John Smith 7’0″ MH
We will design and build a rod for you that meets your fishing goals — ice rods, large or small, fresh or salt-water. Spinning or Bait Casting